Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reasons for a GREAT weekend...

1. Enjoyed a seven mile bike ride Friday morning
2. Worship service went well on Saturday morning at The Commons. I had a gentelman who doesn't believe in God attend. Prayers for his journey are appreciated. Come Holy Spirit!
3. Ryan came to worship b/c he had the day off
4. Because Ryan was at worship we were able to go out to lunch
5. Yummy food at Sambol...Indian/Sri Lankan...nice buffet, cool atmosphere, exceptional company
6. Pool is open at the apartments! A lounge chair was calling my name! Went over with a book and soaked up the rays....oooh how I love summer, the sun, swimsuites, a good book, and water.
7. Went to Gertens, the greenhouse that is actually what we look out our windows to. They do all their own growing. So many flowers, veggies, and fun stuff. Picked up a few more herbs and insecticide for our house plant.
8. Ryan cooked up some great pork chops for din-din. Better yet, those pork chops were BOGO at Byerly's this week. So was the ground beef and tuna steaks that we purchased.
9. I finally got all the plants in the dirt! Have a bunch of containers on the deck. Four tomato plants, scallions, a habanero, a jalapeno, cilantro, chives, parsley, basil, thai basil, rosemary, sage, and oregano.
10. Pastor Per's sermon on Hebrews 10 and Character spoke to the heart.
11. Got the house cleaned today and grocery shopping done too.
12. Off to dinner with a friend
13. Tomorrow Ryan and I are going to go to the Historic Fort Snelling to commemorate Memorial Day. It's appropriate to be mindful of the meaning of the holiday. It's more than a day off.
14. In the afternoon we'll go to his family's for some work and bbq.

A good weekend!

2 comments:

dkamfam said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend!

Becca Groves said...

Sounds PERFECT. I love summer weekends like this...lots of good food, good people and good couple time. I'm catching up on life this week now that camp is over...we'll be in touch!