Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I should call this my once a month blog...

I never really have been a writer....that must be the reason I haven't posted in such a long time. However, the lack of things to do here at work today gives me a chance to get some words up...

What I have been doing is reading some books! I haven't read novels in years, and I'm totally captured by the "Mitford Series." Breezed through Out to Canaan, the fourth book, just last week! I started the series in July and will maybe be done by Christmas?? Thinking about attempting the famous Orange Marmalade Cake once I get into our new kitchen...

Oh, yes, I haven't mentioned on here that Ryan and I are moving!!!!!!! We can't wait! We join the ranks of all my other blogger friends that have moved recently or are getting the boxes packed. This won't be a big move for us...just down to an apartment complex in Inver Grove Heights. Our landlord and neighbors in the house now are just a pain and it's time to go. The space has had its good points but we've never really felt like our current place was home. Maybe we can create that feeling soon! October 15!

I'm also taking an interest in nutrition lately! Have been listening to a great radio show "Dishing Up Nutrition" which is available online: http://www.weightandwellness.com/dun_radio.html
The move means new nutrition in our home, also! (Maybe I won't be making the Orange Marmalade Cake :( ) Check it out!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I always wanted to read those books, but didn't know what order to read them in. You'll have to help me out sometime.
Yay for a mover! Best of luck to you. Moves are always that strange mix of excitement and drudgery. I hope yours is more of the first.
Love ya cuz!

Rochelle said...

this is mom....giving it a try

Rochelle said...

trying it again

Rebecca said...

I LOVE the Mitford books too...don't they just give you a lovely peaceful feeling...I feel like I learn a lot from Father Tim too!:-)

And I know which orange marmalade cake you are referring to!:-)

Pastor Broers said...

Hey! I just found your blog on Steven's blog - howdy!!! I love all the pictures! How exciting that you have such a great new place! I'll keep you in my prayers that God lead you in the direction he already has planned. Steven and I keep wishing God would talk to us in bold print like in the series we're reading.

I LOVE THE MITFORD SERIES!!!!! I also breezed through it! Right now, I'm reading the Redemtion Series by Karen Kingsbury and I got Steven to read it, too! You should read those next!

Sending a little love your way!

Kristy