First. Have you ever had the opportunity to see sundogs, or "snow-bows", as I think they should be called? I don't ever remember seeing them before until this winter. Beautiful! One of the only things that I have been enjoying about winter. (But don't tell my husband that I really do get a bit distracted when looking at them when I'm driving :) ). Here's a pic, not my own, but a pic nonetheless.

Second. Ross and Johanna (engaged, by the way, in Dec....should have been blog worthy. Sorry.) got me Sara Groves' "Tell Me What You Know" CD for Christmas. (nope, no ipod yet...still old fashioned). It's a great CD. My fave songs include When the Saints, Honesty, and It Might Be Hope. If you're not familiar with Sara or want to hear snipets of these songs, click here: http://www.saragroves.com/store/tellmewhatyouknow/. She's a good 'ol, homegrown Minnesota artist who shares a lot about life and faith in her music.
Third. The music we sang in worship touched the heart. Love it when God just grabs a hold of the heart and speaks His love into it. The set included Revival, Power of Your Love, and How Great Thou Art. Tears from nowhere flowed down during Power of Your Love. Here's a link to a YouTube video for the song. I hope it touches your heart and gives you a message of hope. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbLXnIc7O-k
Fourth. The residents at work are wonderful! I have some pictures I would love to post of our "Loving Service" group, but I'm not sure if that would be okay. Our Loving Service group does projects that support the larger community. It's a hit. Last month they double bagged grocery bags for the food shelf and made Valentine's for children in the hospital. We all enjoy it, and I think they gain a sense of purpose...which we all need!!! And for those of you who aren't aware...my position did go full-time Jan. 5. Busy, busy....God has totally increased the amount of work to be done and I pray I'm doing what He wants me to be doing.
Fifth. Ryan and I are taking Financial Peace University at church. Changing our family tree, as Dave Ramsey says. Correcting some bad behaviors and learning discipline. Want peace in your financial life? Check out: www.daveramsey.com. His book, Total Money Makeover, is a good place to start. We've made some progress from reading this book alone.
Okay. Finally. I did a post! Have a radiant day!
No comments:
Post a Comment