Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thankgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving...a couple days late! Just wanted to post a few pictures from the past few weeks. Mom and Dad came up last weekend, and we had a wonderful time hanging out together. My mom-in-law decided I should bring the pies, so while my mom was up she helped me make crusts for the first time. Thanks, Aunt Connie, for the recipes. Thanks, Mom, for helping...couldn't have done it without you! I consider my first "adult" pie making experience a success. They tasted good and looked good too. Although, I have trouble "pinching" the sides to make the pies look pretty. But that doesn't really affect the taste, now does it? I'll have to practice. The latter pictures are of our little gathering with Ryan's family.





3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'd eat those!!! I'd like to hug the pie makers too.

dkamfam said...

The pies look great! I have made some pies, but no crust yet. Way to go! Of course you did have a lovely assistant...tell your mom HI!

Rebecca said...

Kudos on your pie-making...making crusts is just something I can never master...I think I don't have the patience for it! I love baking anything that doesn't involve a rolling pin though!:-)